Top Linksmain detailsbiographyby votesphoto galleryquotes
Filmographiesby yearby typeby ratingsby votesby TV seriesby genreby keyword
Did You Know?photo galleryquotes
King George VI (Character)
from The King's Speech (2010)
|Photos (See all 11 | slideshow)||Related Videos (see all 8)|
- "The Crown"
- Episode #1.2 (2016) TV episode, Played by Jared Harris
- A Royal Night Out (2015) Played by Rupert Everett (as King)
- The King's Monologue (2013) (TV) Played by Andrew Hallett
- Hyde Park on Hudson (2012) Played by Samuel West (as Bertie)
- W.E. (2011) Played by Laurence Fox (as Bertie)
- The King's Speech: An Inspirational Story of an Unlikely Friendship (2011) (V) Played by Colin Firth
- "How It Should Have Ended"
... aka "H.I.S.H.E." - USA (promotional abbreviation)
- The Best Picture Summary 2011 (2011) TV episode, Played by Daniel Baxter
- The King Speak (2011) Played by Nicholas Hosking
- The King's Speech (2010) Played by Colin Firth
- Into the Storm (2009) (TV) Played by Iain Glen
... aka "Into the Storm: Churchill at War" - Australia (DVD title), USA (DVD title)
- "That Mitchell and Webb Look"
- Episode #2.4 (2008) TV episode, Played by Robert Webb
- Wallis & Edward (2005) (TV) Played by Bill Champion (as Bertie)
... aka "Her Royal Affair" - Canada (English title)
- Churchill: The Hollywood Years (2004) Played by Harry Enfield
- Ike: Countdown to D-Day (2004) (TV) Played by Mick Rose (as King George)
... aka "Countdown to D-Day" - International (English title) (informal short title)
... aka "Ike" - International (English title) (informal short title)
- "Cambridge Spies"
- Episode #1.3 (2003) TV episode, Played by Anthony Andrews
- Bertie and Elizabeth (2002) (TV) Played by James Wilby
- Royal Family at War (1995) (TV) Played by Nick Curtis
- Jewels (1992) (TV) Played by Geoffrey Whitehead (as King George)
- "The Kennedys of Massachusetts" (1990) TV series Played by Sullivan Brown (as King George)
- "Masterpiece Theatre: Lord Mountbatten - The Last Viceroy" Played by Owen Holder
... aka "Lord Mountbatten: The Last Viceroy" - UK (original title)
- Episode #1.1 (1986) TV episode, Played by Owen Holder
- Churchill and the Generals (1979) (TV) Played by Lyndon Brook
- Sekret Enigmy (1979) Played by Andrzej Mrozewski
- "Edward & Mrs. Simpson"
- The Abdication (1978) TV episode, Played by Andrew Ray (as Duke of York)
- The Decision (1978) TV episode, Played by Andrew Ray (as Duke of York)
- The New King (1978) TV episode, Played by Andrew Ray (as Duke of York)
- Venus at the Prow (1978) TV episode, Played by Andrew Ray (as Duke of York)
- The Little Prince (1978) TV episode, Played by Andrew Ray (as Duke of York)
- The Gathering Storm (1974) (TV) Played by Denis Lill (as George VI)
... aka "Hallmark Hall of Fame: The Gathering Storm (#24.2)" - USA (anthology series)
[talking at dinner about the forthcoming marriage of Bertie and Elizabeth]
Archbishop Lang: My feeling, Sir, is that the wedding of these two young people - the Duke and Duchess of York - should be filmed, if that is thought appropriate, but not be allowed to be recorded over the wireless. The people might listen to it in *inappropriate* places.
King George VI, aka 'Bertie': What exactly do you mean by that?
Archbishop Lang: Public houses, for example. They might also not remove their hats at solemn moments.
David - Edward VIII: [scornfully] Why this obsession with ritual?
King George V: Monarchy *is* ritual - Boy! That's why. Doing things in the prescribed manner. You've read your Badgett. Monarchy is magical, and you can't let daylight in upon the magic. Little by little the newspaper boys and the wireless boys will be flashing their cameras, poking their microphones under your noses, and one morning you'll wake up and there won't *be* any magic. There won't be any monarchy, either.
See more »
You may correct errors and omissions on this page directly. Clicking the 'Update' button will take you through a step-by-step process.