Top Linksmain detailsbiographyby votesphoto galleryquotes
Filmographiesby yearby typeby ratingsby votesby TV seriesby genreby keyword
Did You Know?photo galleryquotes
from Molière (2007)
|Photos (See all 10 | slideshow)||Related Videos (see all 2)|
- "The King, the Squirrel and the Grass Snake"
... aka "Le roi, l'écureuil et la couleuvre" - France (original title)
- Episode #1.2 (2010) TV episode, Played by Gérard Moulévrier
- Versailles: The Dream of a King (2008) (TV) Played by Thierry Garet
... aka "Versailles, le rêve d'un roi" - France (original title)
- Commedia dell'Arte: The Story the Style (2007) Played by Gerard Cogley (as Moliere)
- Jean de La Fontaine - Le défi (2007) Played by Julien Courbey
- Molière (2007) Played by Romain Duris (as Jean-Baptiste Poquelin)
- Le roi soleil (2006) Played by Pierre Forest
- Le nègre de Molière (2005) (TV) Played by Patrick Mille
- The King Is Dancing (2000) Played by Tchéky Karyo
... aka "Le roi danse" - France (original title)
... aka "The King Dances" - Canada (English title)
- L'impromptu de Versailles (1999) (TV) Played by Thierry Hancisse
- The Man in the Iron Mask (1998/II) Played by Dan Coplan (as Moliere)
... aka "The Face of Alexandre Dumas: The Man in the Iron Mask" - International (English title) (imdb display title)
... aka "The Mask of Dumas" - USA (alternative title)
- Marquise (1997) Played by Bernard Giraudeau
- The Death of Molière (1994) (V) Played by Robert Wilson
... aka "La mort de Molière" - France (original title)
- "Molierissimo" (1990) TV series Played by Claude Giraud
- "Theatre Night"
- Molière (1985) TV episode, Played by Antony Sher
- Les plaisirs de l'île enchantée (1981) (TV) Played by Alain Pralon
- Molière (1978) Played by Frédéric Ladonne (as Molière enfant) / Philippe Caubère (as Jean-Baptiste Poquelin)
- 1789 (1974) Played by Philippe Caubère
- "Molière pour rire et pour pleurer" (1973) TV series Played by Jean-Pierre Darras
- "Au théâtre ce soir"
- Jean-Baptiste le mal aimé (1973) TV episode, Played by Dominique Paturel
- "BBC Play of the Month"
- Tartuffe (1971) TV episode, Played by David Nettheim
- Episode #1.5 (1965) TV episode, Played by Gianrico Tedeschi
- Mademoiselle Molière (1964) (TV) Played by Robert Manuel
- If Paris Were Told to Us (1956) Played by Gilbert Gil
... aka "Si Paris nous était conté" - France (original title)
- Molière spielt in Versailles (1955) (TV) Played by Fritz Rémond Jr. (as Jean Baptiste Poquelin)
- Royal Affairs in Versailles (1954) Played by Fernand Gravey
... aka "Si Versailles m'était conté" - Italy (original title)
... aka "Affairs in Versailles" - USA (reissue title)
- The Life of Moliere (1910) Played by André Bacqué
... aka "Molière" - France (original title)
Célimène: What angel sent you to make us laugh like this? We're so dreadfully starved for entertainment.
Jean-Baptiste Poquelin: What, madame? I thought the greatest minds jostled their way in here.
Célimène: If you knew what we endured. It's often a draw between boredom and the grotesque. People jostle, yes, only to declare their unwanted passion. Like that poor Mr. Jourdain.
Jean-Baptiste Poquelin: Mr. Jourdain, you say?
Célimène: Imagine a farmyard rooster, disguised as a pheasant, sputtering rhymes in my face a child of eight would no longer dare read. You see my predicament. Then the oaf gazes stupidly at me hoping to be loved in return. As if I could possibly be interested in every uncouth merchant and farmer who aspires to become a marquis.
See more »
You may correct errors and omissions on this page directly. Clicking the 'Update' button will take you through a step-by-step process.