Top Linksmain detailsbiographyby votesphoto galleryquotes
Filmographiesby yearby typeby ratingsby votesby TV seriesby genreby keyword
Did You Know?photo galleryquotes
Pvt. Will Stockdale (Character)
from No Time for Sergeants (1958)
- "No Time for Sergeants"
- The Velvet Wiggle (1965) TV episode, Played by Sammy Jackson (as Airman Will Stockdale)
- Target: Stockdale (1965) TV episode, Played by Sammy Jackson (as Airman Will Stockdale)
- Andy Meets His Match (1965) TV episode, Played by Sammy Jackson (as Airman Will Stockdale)
- The Day Blue Blew (1965) TV episode, Played by Sammy Jackson (as Airman Will Stockdale)
- Will's Misfortune Cookie (1965) TV episode, Played by Sammy Jackson (as Amn. Will Stockdale)
- No Time for Sergeants (1958) Played by Andy Griffith
- "The United States Steel Hour"
... aka "The U.S. Steel Hour" - USA (alternative title)
- No Time for Sergeants (1955) TV episode, Played by Andy Griffith (as Will Stockdale)
[Will and Ben are waiting in the General's office and hear the ceremony over the P.A]
Voice of announcer: General Bush has just taken his place on the reviewing stand. And now the four lieutenants who braved the atomic blast and will receive the air medal are bravely mounting the platform.
Benjamin B. Whitledge: The lieutenants? They're alive! They're gettin' medals! They're heroes!
Will Stockdale: Gollee!
Benjamin B. Whitledge: If we'd a stayed on the plane, we'd been heroes.
Voice of announcer: It is a solemn moment, ladies and gentlemen. The many visiting dignitaries standing at attention; the flag at half-mast in honor of the two men who gave their lives in Operation Prometheus: Privates Stockdale and Whitledge.
Benjamin B. Whitledge, Will Stockdale: [together, in unison] Stockdale and Whitledge?
Voice of announcer: Yes, Stockdale and Whitledge... names that will live as long as men are free.
Will Stockdale: We are heroes, Ben!
Benjamin B. Whitledge: But we ain't dead!
See more »
You may correct errors and omissions on this page directly. Clicking the 'Update' button will take you through a step-by-step process.