Top Linksmain detailsbiographyby votesphoto galleryquotes
Filmographiesby yearby typeby ratingsby votesby TV seriesby genreby keyword
Did You Know?photo galleryquotes
from Porgy and Bess (1959)
- The Gershwin's 'Porgy and Bess' (2013) Played by Eric Owens
- "Live from Lincoln Center"
- New York Philharmonic All-Gershwin New Year's Eve Concert (2002) TV episode, Played by Willard White
- New York City Opera - The Gershwins' "Porgy and Bess" (2002) TV episode, Played by Alvy Powell
- "American Playhouse"
- Porgy and Bess (1993) TV episode, Played by Willard White
- "Breakfast with the Arts"
- American Night with Simon Rattle and the Berlin Philharmonic (????) TV episode, Played by Willard White
- Liberty Weekend (1986) (TV) Played by Donnie Ray Albert
- Porgy and Bess (1959) Played by Sidney Poitier / Robert McFerrin
- "The Steve Allen Plymouth Show"
... aka "The Steve Allen Show" - USA (original title)
- Episode #2.5 (1956) TV episode, Played by Mel Tormé (as Porgy in 'Porgy and Bess' excerpt)
- Rhapsody in Blue (1945) Played by William Gillespie
- "Great Performances"
- Porgy and Bess: An American Voice (1998) TV episode, Played by Todd Duncan / William Warfield / Willard White
- "American Masters"
- George Gershwin Remembered (1987) TV episode, Played by George Goodman
Porgy: [singing] Can't you keep your mouth off Bess? Between the Gawd-fearing ladies and the Gawd-damnin' men, That girl ain't got a chance!
Jake: [singing] Ain't I tell you Porgy's sof' on her?
Porgy: [singing] No,no, brother! Porgy ain't sof' on no woman.
[sadly, still singing]
Porgy: They pass by singin', They pass by cryin', Always lookin'. They look in my door. And they keep on movin'! When God make cripple, He mean him to be lonely. Night time, daytime, He got to travel that lonesome road. Night time, day time, He gotta travel that lonesome road.
See more »
You may correct errors and omissions on this page directly. Clicking the 'Update' button will take you through a step-by-step process.