Top Linksmain detailsbiographyby votesphoto galleryquotes
Filmographiesby yearby typeby ratingsby votesby TV seriesby genreby keyword
Did You Know?photo galleryquotes
President Merkin Muffley (Character)
from Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb (1964)
|Related Videos (see all 2)|
- "Screen Wars"
- Dr. Strangefilm (2007) TV episode, Played by Amanda Melby (as The President)
- Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb (1964) Played by Peter Sellers
... aka "Dr. Strangelove" - Australia (short title), UK (short title), USA (short title)
- A Night at the Movies: Hollywood Goes to Washington (2012) (TV) Played by Henry Fonda (as The President) / Peter Sellers (as President Muffley)
- "Moguls & Movie Stars: A History of Hollywood"
- Fade Out, Fade In (2010) TV episode, Played by Peter Sellers
- America at the Movies (1976) Played by Peter Sellers
[discussing the Doomsday machine]
President Merkin Muffley: How is it possible for this thing to be triggered automatically and at the same time impossible to untrigger?
Dr. Strangelove: Mr. President, it is not only possible, it is essential. That is the whole idea of this machine, you know. Deterrence is the art of producing in the mind of the enemy... the FEAR to attack. And so, because of the automated and irrevocable decision-making process which rules out human meddling, the Doomsday machine is terrifying and simple to understand... and completely credible and convincing.
See more »
You may correct errors and omissions on this page directly. Clicking the 'Update' button will take you through a step-by-step process.