Top Linksmain detailsbiographyby votesphoto galleryquotes
Filmographiesby yearby typeby ratingsby votesby TV seriesby genreby keyword
Did You Know?photo galleryquotes
from "Ramayan" (1986)
- Ramayana: The Epic (2010) Played by Manoj Bajpayee (as Rama)
- Lava Kusa: The Warrior Twins (2010) Played by Arun Govil
- Mahayoddha Rama (2010) Played by Kunal Kapoor
- Hare Ram (2008) Played by Kalyan Ram
- Sita Sings the Blues (2008) Played by Debargo Sanyal (as Rama)
- Sri Ramadasu (2006) Played by Suman (as Lord Rama)
- "Ramayan" (2002) TV series Played by Nitish Bharadwaj
- Devullu (2001) Played by Srikanth (as Lord Rama)
- The Prince of Light (2000) Played by Bryan Cranston
- Lav Kush (1997) Played by Jeetendra (as Bhagwan Shri Ram)
- Fire (1996) Played by Bahadur Chand (as God Ram)
- Ramayanam (1996) Played by Junior N.T.R. (as Sri Rama)
- A Little Princess (1995) Played by Liam Cunningham (as Prince Rama)
- Ramayana: The Legend of Prince Rama (1992) Played by Bryan Cranston / Arun Govil
- "Luv Kush" (1989) TV series Played by Arun Govil
- "Ramayan" (1986) TV series Played by Arun Govil
- Mahabali Hanuman (1981) Played by Rakesh Pandey (as Shri Ram)
- Thyagayya (1981) Played by Ravi (as Lord Rama)
- Shri Rama Pattabhishekham (1978) Played by Taraka Rama Rao Nandamuri (as Rama)
- Sri Raam Vanavas (1977) Played by Ravi Kumar (as Shri Ram)
... aka "The Adventures of Rama" - International (English title) (bootleg title)
- Seeta Rama Vanavasam (1977) Played by Ravi Kumar (as Shri Ram)
- Kanchana Sita (1977) Played by Ramdas (as Rama)
- Bajrangbali (1976) Played by Biswajeet (as Bhagwan Shri Ramchandra 'Ram')
- Seeta Kalyanam (1976) Played by Ravi Kumar (as Sri Rama)
- Sita Swayamvar (1976) Played by Ravi Kumar
- Hanuman Vijay (1974) Played by Ashish Kumar (as Shri Ram)
- Chhoti Bahu (1971) Played by Tarun Bose (as Shriram)
- Sampoorna Ramayanam (1971) Played by Shobhan Babu (as SriRama)
- Bhakti (1970) Played by Paolo Bortoluzzi (as Rama)
- Lav-Kush (1967) Played by Ashim Kumar
- Shree Ram Bharat Milap (1965) Played by Mahipal (as Shree Ram)
- Ramadasu (1964) Played by Taraka Rama Rao Nandamuri (as Lord Rama)
- "General Hospital" (1963) TV series Played by Kabir Bedi (as Lord Rama)
- Lava Kusa (1963/I) Played by Taraka Rama Rao Nandamuri (as Lord Rama)
... aka "Lava and Kusha" - India (English title)
- Shree Ganesh (1962) Played by Mahipal (as Bhagwan Shri Ram)
- Sri Seetha Rama Kalyanam (1961) Played by Haranath (as Lord Rama)
- Sampoorna Ramayana (1961) Played by Mahipal
- Ram Bhakta Hanuman (1948) Played by Trilok Kapoor (as Bhagwan Shri Ram)
- Paduka Pattabhishekham (1945) Played by Chilakalpud Seeta Rama Anjaneyulu (as Lord Rama)
- Ram Rajya (1943) Played by Chandrakant (as Rama) / Prem Adib (as Bhagwan Shri Ram)
- Bharat Milap (1942) Played by Prem Adib (as Bhagwan Shri Ram)
- Seeta Rama Jananam (1942) Played by Akkineni Nageshwara Rao (as Sri Rama)
- Seeta Bibaha (1936) Played by Makhanlal Bannerjee
- Chandrasena (1935) Played by Sureshbabu Mane (as Rama)
- Lava Kusha (1934/I) Played by Parepalli Subba Rao (as Rama)
- Seeta (1933) Played by Sisir Kumar Bhaduri
- Rama Paduka Pattabhishekam (1932) Played by Chilakalpud Seeta Rama Anjaneyulu (as Lord Rama)
[Bharata meets Rama in the forest]
Ram: What? What are you saying, Bharata? Our father is dead?
Bharata: [sadly] Brother, I share your grief.
Ram: [kneels down in sorrow] Oh Father, Father! Forgive this poor Rama! Forgive your son!
Bharata: Rama, I appeal to you, absolve me of my mother's sin! Come back to Ayodhya, and accept the Kingdom which is yours by right!
Ram: [solemnly] Bharata, what your mother has done is not in question here. Remember, the great Emperor Dasaratha has commanded us: you to rule the Kingdom, and I to live in these forests for 14 years. It is our duty to abide by our father's wishes whether we like it or not.
Bharata: You have commanded me, it is enough. But one thing's certain-I will not accept the kingdom for myself, but for you.
[kneels, takes Rama's sandals and raises them in his hands]
Bharata: Please bless this brother of yours to rule the Kingdom with strength and courage.
[Rama agrees and recites a mantra, and the slippers glow with a light]
See more »
You may correct errors and omissions on this page directly. Clicking the 'Update' button will take you through a step-by-step process.