Top Linksmain detailsbiographyby votesphoto galleryquotes
Filmographiesby yearby typeby ratingsby votesby TV seriesby genreby keyword
Did You Know?photo galleryquotes
Admiral Chester W. Nimitz (Character)
from Midway (1976)
- Pearl Harbor (2001) Played by Graham Beckel (as Adm. Chester W. Nimitz)
- "War and Remembrance"
- Part 10 (1989) TV episode, Played by William Prince (as Adm. Chester Nimitz)
- Part 7 (1988) TV episode, Played by William Prince (as Adm. Chester Nimitz)
- MacArthur (1977) Played by Addison Powell (as Fleet Adm. Chester W. Nimitz)
- "Black Sheep Squadron"
... aka "Baa Baa Black Sheep" - USA (original title)
- Flying Misfits (1976) TV episode, Played by Byron Morrow (as Adm. Nimitz)
- Midway (1976) Played by Henry Fonda
... aka "Battle of Midway" - Philippines (English title), UK
... aka "The Battle of Midway" - USA (video title)
- The Gallant Hours (1960) Played by Selmer Jackson (as Adm. Chester W. Nimitz)
- Hellcats of the Navy (1957) Played by Selmer Jackson (as Fleet Adm. Chester W. Nimitz)
- "Navy Log"
- The Death of Dillinger-San (1956) TV episode, Played by Selmer Jackson (as Adm. Nimitz)
Captain Garth: Admiral, Commander Rochefort has something he would like to tell you.
Commander Rochefort: It's about objective AF, sir, the meaning of AF. Now, our listening posts have been picking up alot of traffic between Yamamoto's staff commanders.
Captain Garth: There has been a heavy volume of traffic, sir, with the recurring references to Objective AF and... what was the other one?
Commander Rochefort: AO. Now, AO is still a mystery, Admiral, maybe a diverson, but I think we've identified Objective AF as Midway. Now, it really had us stymied there, until one of my men remembered an enemy intercept we decoded last March. Now, a Jap reconnaissance pilot radioed his base that he was passing close to AF. Now we plotted every possible course this plane might have taken, and the only appreciable land mass he could have overflown at the time was Midway.
Captain Garth: Joe...
Commander Rochefort: Look, I know it's thin...
Admiral Nimitz: Thin? Damn near invisible.
Commander Rochefort: But I found a way to confirm it, sir.
[Takes out a message and passes it to Nimitz]
Commander Rochefort: If you will have this flown to Midway. It's a fake message, sir, reporting that Midway's fresh water condenser has broken down. Now, it should be transmitted in the clear, so there's no question of Japanese operators getting every word of it.
See more »
You may correct errors and omissions on this page directly. Clicking the 'Update' button will take you through a step-by-step process.