Top Linksmain detailsbiographyby votesphoto galleryquotes
Filmographiesby yearby typeby ratingsby votesby TV seriesby genreby keyword
Did You Know?photo galleryquotes
Admiral Chester W. Nimitz (Character)
from Midway (1976)
- Pearl Harbor (2001) Played by Graham Beckel (as Adm. Chester W. Nimitz)
- "War and Remembrance"
- Part 10 (1989) TV episode, Played by William Prince (as Adm. Chester Nimitz)
- Part 7 (1988) TV episode, Played by William Prince (as Adm. Chester Nimitz)
- MacArthur (1977) Played by Addison Powell (as Fleet Adm. Chester W. Nimitz)
- "Black Sheep Squadron"
... aka "Baa Baa Black Sheep" - USA (original title)
- Flying Misfits (1976) TV episode, Played by Byron Morrow (as Adm. Nimitz)
- Midway (1976) Played by Henry Fonda (as Adm. Chester W. Nimitz)
... aka "Battle of Midway" - Philippines (English title), UK
... aka "The Battle of Midway" - USA (video title)
- The Gallant Hours (1960) Played by Selmer Jackson (as Adm. Chester W. Nimitz)
- Hellcats of the Navy (1957) Played by Selmer Jackson (as Fleet Adm. Chester W. Nimitz)
- "Navy Log"
- The Death of Dillinger-San (1956) TV episode, Played by Selmer Jackson (as Adm. Nimitz)
Captain Vinton Maddox: Admiral, these enemy radio intercepts that your intelligence unit has been accumulating...
Admiral Nimitz: Very detailed, aren't they?
Captain Vinton Maddox: Too damned detailed, Admiral. Do you remember what happened just before December 7th?
Admiral Nimitz: The Japanese flooded the airwaves with fake messages.
Captain Vinton Maddox: Yes. These could be carbon copies. Washington's convinced that Yamamoto's feeding this stuff to you in order to cover his real intentions.
Admiral Nimitz: Very definite possibility.
Captain Vinton Maddox: Well then, sir, how can you still insist...
Admiral Nimitz: Because it is my judgement that this information is factual. I'm convinced Yamamoto's target is Midway.
Captain Vinton Maddox: If you're wrong, Admiral, if you send our carriers into a Japanese ambush, the entire west coast and Hawaiian islands will be wide open for invasion.
Admiral Nimitz: I'm fully aware of that, Captain. You're saying the safe play is to defend the home folks first.
See more »
You may correct errors and omissions on this page directly. Clicking the 'Update' button will take you through a step-by-step process.