Top Linksmain detailsbiographyby votesphoto galleryquotes
Filmographiesby yearby typeby ratingsby votesby TV seriesby genreby keyword
Did You Know?photo galleryquotes
Adm. Chester W. Nimitz (Character)
from Midway (1976)
- Pearl Harbor (2001) Played by Graham Beckel
- "War and Remembrance"
- Part 10 (1989) TV episode, Played by William Prince (as Adm. Chester Nimitz)
- Part 7 (1988) TV episode, Played by William Prince (as Adm. Chester Nimitz)
- MacArthur (1977) Played by Addison Powell (as Admiral Nimitz)
- "Black Sheep Squadron"
... aka "Baa Baa Black Sheep" - USA (original title)
- Flying Misfits (1976) TV episode, Played by Byron Morrow (as Admiral Chester Nimitz)
- Midway (1976) Played by Henry Fonda
... aka "Battle of Midway" - Philippines (English title), UK
... aka "The Battle of Midway" - Ireland (English title) (imdb display title), USA (video title)
- The Gallant Hours (1960) Played by Selmer Jackson
- Hellcats of the Navy (1957) Played by Selmer Jackson (as Fleet Adm. Chester W. Nimitz)
- "Navy Log"
- The Death of Dillinger-San (1956) TV episode, Played by Selmer Jackson (as Adm. Nimitz)
[Nimitz has received the first reports on the Battle at Midway]
Admiral Nimitz: Did you confirm it?
Lt. Jack Reid: Yes, sir. Admiral Fletcher's reply just came in. "Fletcher to Nimitz. Confirm previous report. Three enemy carriers afire".
Admiral Nimitz: Hallelujah.
Lt. Comm. Rochefort: Three of their first-line carriers, Admiral. Isn't that worth at least a "hot diggity damn"?
Admiral Nimitz: I'll take it under advisement, Joe, but there's still that fourth enemy carrier to deal with.
Lt. Jack Reid: There's also a message fron Captain Buckmaster, sir. The Yorktown's been hit.
Admiral Nimitz: Badly?
Lt. Jack Reid: Yes, sir, but she is underway again... operational.
Lt. Comm. Rochefort: My gosh, our whole force may be in jeopardy if the Japanese located the Yorktown. They still got a tremendous fleet out there, Admiral.
See more »
You may correct errors and omissions on this page directly. Clicking the 'Update' button will take you through a step-by-step process.