Top Linksmain detailsbiographyby votesphoto galleryquotes
Filmographiesby yearby typeby ratingsby votesby TV seriesby genreby keyword
Did You Know?photo galleryquotes
Jackson Pollock (Character)
from Pollock (2000)
|Photos (See all 6 | slideshow)||Videos|
- "Ramsey Has a Time Machine"
- Art (2014) TV episode, Played by Josh Gondelman
- Color (2013/I) Played by Alphonsus McFadden (as Jackson Pollack)
- "CSI: NY"
- A Daze of Wine and Roaches (2007) TV episode, Played by Ross Gibby (as Jackson Pillock)
- Pollock Squared (2003) Played by Barnaby Ruhe
- Pollock (2000) Played by Ed Harris
News Broadcaster: Mr. Pollock, in your opinion, what is the meaning of modern art?
Jackson Pollock: Modern art, to me, is nothing more than the expression of the contemporary aims of the age that we're living in.
News Broadcaster: Do the classical artists have any means of expressing their age?
Jackson Pollock: Yes, and they did it very well. All cultures have had means and techniques of expressing their immediate aims. The thing that interests me is that today, painters do not have to go to a subject matter outside of themselves. They work from a different source, they work from within. It seems to me that the artist cannot express this age, the airplane, the atom bomb, the radio, in the old forms of the Renaissance or any other past culture.
See more »
You may correct errors and omissions on this page directly. Clicking the 'Update' button will take you through a step-by-step process.