Top Linksmain detailsbiographyby votesphoto galleryquotes
Filmographiesby yearby typeby ratingsby votesby TV seriesby genreby keyword
Did You Know?photo galleryquotes
Thomas More (Character)
from A Man for All Seasons (1966)
|Photos (See all 14 | slideshow)||Related Videos (see all 2)|
- "Henry VIII: Mind of a Tyrant" (2009) TV series Played by Ryan Kiggell
- "The Tudors"
- His Majesty's Pleasure (2008) TV episode, Played by Jeremy Northam (as Sir Thomas More)
- The Act of Succession (2008) TV episode, Played by Jeremy Northam (as Sir Thomas More)
- Checkmate (2008) TV episode, Played by Jeremy Northam (as Sir Thomas More)
- Tears of Blood (2008) TV episode, Played by Jeremy Northam (as Sir Thomas More)
- Everything Is Beautiful (2008) TV episode, Played by Jeremy Northam (as Sir Thomas More)
- Lady Godiva: Back in the Saddle (2007) Played by John R. Walker (as Sir Thomas More)
- Princes in the Tower (2005) (TV) Played by Richard Griffiths
- The King's Servant (2001) TV episode, Played by Nicholas Le Prevost
- A Man for All Seasons (1988) (TV) Played by Charlton Heston (as Sir Thomas More)
- God's Outlaw (1986) Played by Bernard Archard (as Sir Thomas More)
... aka "God's Outlaw: The Story of William Tyndale" - USA (complete title)
- "Meeting of Minds"
... aka "Steve Allen's Meeting of Minds" - USA (complete title)
- Marie Antoinette/Sir Thomas More/Karl Marx/Ulysses S. Grant: Part 1 (1977) TV episode, Played by Bernard Behrens (as Sir Thomas More)
- "Second Verdict"
- Who Killed the Princes in the Tower? (1976) TV episode, Played by Paul Chapman
- Henry VIII and His Six Wives (1972) Played by Michael Goodliffe
- Anne of the Thousand Days (1969) Played by William Squire
- A Man for All Seasons (1966) Played by Paul Scofield
- Thomas More (1964) (TV) Played by Kurt Meisel (as Sir Thomas More)
- A Man for All Seasons (1957) (TV) Played by Bernard Hepton (as Sir Thomas More)
- The Last Rose of Summer (1937) Played by John Garrick
Sir Thomas More: [talking to the witnesses for his execution] I am commanded by the King to be brief, and since I am the King's obedient subject, brief I will be. I die his Majesty's good servant but God's first.
[to the executioner]
Sir Thomas More: I forgive you right readily.
[he gives him a coin]
Sir Thomas More: Be not afraid of your office; you send me to God.
Archbishop Cranmer: You're very sure of that, Sir Thomas?
Sir Thomas More: He will not refuse one who is so blithe to go to him.
[he kneels and puts his head on the chopping block]
Narrator: Thomas More's head was stuck on Traitors' Gate for a month, then his daughter, Margaret, removed it and kept it till her death. Cromwell was beheaded for high treason five years after More. The archbishop was burned at the stake. The Duke of Norfolk should have been executed for high treason, but the king died of syphilis the night before. Richard Rich became chancellor of England and died in his bed.
See more »
You may correct errors and omissions on this page directly. Clicking the 'Update' button will take you through a step-by-step process.