Top Linksmain detailsbiographyby votesphoto galleryquotes
Filmographiesby yearby typeby ratingsby votesby TV seriesby genreby keyword
Did You Know?photo galleryquotes
from Moby Dick (1956)
- "Moby Dick"
- Part 2 (2011) TV episode, Played by Matthew Lemche
- Part 1 (2011) TV episode, Played by Matthew Lemche
- Age of the Dragons (2011) Played by Larry Bagby
... aka "The White Dragons" - Philippines (English title) (new title)
- 2010: Moby Dick (2010) (V) Played by Bart Baggett (as Lt. Flask)
- "Moby Dick et le secret de Mu" (2005) TV series Played by Daniel Dury
- Animated Epics: Moby Dick (2000) (TV) Played by William Hope
- "Moby Dick" (1998) TV series Played by Shane Connor (as Mr. Flask)
- Moby Dick (1956) Played by Seamus Kelly
... aka "Herman Melville's Moby Dick" - USA (complete title)
- Moby Dick Rehearsed (1955) (TV) Played by Christopher Lee
- The Sea Beast (1926) Played by Mike Donlin
Starbuck, first mate: It is our task in life to kill whales, to furnish oil for the lamps of the world. If we perform that task well and faithfully, we do a service to mankind that pleases Almighty God. Ahab would deny all that. He has taken us from the rich harvest we were reaping to satisfy his lust for vengeance. He is twisting that which is holy into something dark and purposeless. He is a Champion of Darkness. Ahab's red flag challenges the heavens.
Stubb: Well, sir, if it's like that, I don't wonder that you, a religious man, might be a bit downcast. But I don't much see what you can do about it.
Starbuck, first mate: Listen to this.
Starbuck, first mate: [He goes over to a bookshelf, picks up a heavy book, opens it, and reads aloud from it]
Starbuck, first mate: "A captain who, from private motives, employs his vessel for another purpose from that intended by the owners, is answerable to the charge of usurpation, and his crew is morally and legally entitled to employ forceful means in wresting his command from him."
Stubb: Well, that's a mouthful, I swear!
Flask: Wrest his command from him? Does that mean take over?
Starbuck, first mate: It does, Mr. Flask.
Stubb: [incredulous] Why, you ain't proposing we do any such thing?
Starbuck, first mate: [Starbuck indicates yes]
See more »