Top Linksmain detailsbiographyby votesphoto galleryquotes
Filmographiesby yearby typeby ratingsby votesby TV seriesby genreby keyword
Did You Know?photo galleryquotes
Winston Smith (Character)
from 1984 (1984)
|Photos (See all 7 | slideshow)||Videos|
- Four Episodes from 1984 (1985) Played by John Nowak
- 1984 (1984) Played by John Hurt / Rupert Baderman (as Winston Smith as a Boy)
... aka "Nineteen Eighty-Four" - UK (original title)
- "Theatre 625"
- The World of George Orwell: 1984 (1965) TV episode, Played by David Buck
- 1984 (1956) Played by Edmond O'Brien (as Winston Smith of the Outer Party)
- "BBC Sunday-Night Theatre"
- Nineteen Eighty-Four (1954) TV episode, Played by Peter Cushing
- "Studio One in Hollywood"
... aka "Studio One" - USA (original title)
... aka "Studio One Summer Theatre" - USA (summer title)
... aka "Summer Theatre" - USA (summer title)
... aka "Westinghouse Studio One" - USA (alternative title)
... aka "Westinghouse Summer Theatre" - USA (summer title)
- 1984 (1953) TV episode, Played by Eddie Albert
- Joe Strummer: The Future Is Unwritten (2007) Played by Peter Cushing
... aka "Strummer" - International (English title) (informal short title)
O'Brien: Smith? I have been reading your Newspeak articles in the Times.
Winston Smith: Yes?
O'Brien: You write it very elegantly. That is not my own opinion - I was recently talking to a friend of yours who is an expert. His name... has slipped my memory for the moment. What I wanted to say is that there were one or two unwords, only very recent. Have you seen the 10th Edition of the Newspeak Dictionary?
Winston Smith: No... we're still using the 9th Edition at MinRec.
O'Brien: A few advance copies have been circulated - I have one myself.
O'Brien: You might be interested?
Winston Smith: Yes!
O'Brien: There are some plusskillful new developments. Let me give you my address.
[gives Winston a card]
See more »
You may correct errors and omissions on this page directly. Clicking the 'Update' button will take you through a step-by-step process.