Top Linksmain detailsbiographyby votesphoto galleryquotes
Filmographiesby yearby typeby ratingsby votesby TV seriesby genreby keyword
Did You Know?photo galleryquotes
Doris Walker (Character)
from Miracle on 34th Street (1947)
|Related Videos (see all 10)|
- Miracle on 34th Street (1994) Played by Elizabeth Perkins (as Dorey Walker)
- Miracle on 34th Street (1973) (TV) Played by Jane Alexander (as Karen Walker)
- Miracle on 34th Street (1959) (TV) Played by Mary Healy
- "The 20th Century-Fox Hour"
- The Miracle on 34th Street (1955) TV episode, Played by Teresa Wright
- Miracle on 34th Street (1947) Played by Maureen O'Hara
Kris Kringle: You think I'm a fraud, don't you?
Dorey Walker: Fraud is a bit too strong of a word.
Kris Kringle: But you don't believe in me.
Dorey Walker: I believe that Christmas is for children.
Kris Kringle: Well your daughter doesn't believe in me, either.
Dorey Walker: I don't think that there's any harm in not believing in a figure that many do acknowledge to be a fiction.
Kris Kringle: Oh, but there is. I'm not just a whimsical figure who wears a charming suit and affects a jolly demeanor. You know, I... I... I'm a symbol. I'm a symbol of the human ability to be able to suppress the selfish and hateful tendencies that rule the major part of our lives. If... you can't believe, if you can't accept anything on faith, then you're doomed for a life dominated by doubt.
See more »
You may correct errors and omissions on this page directly. Clicking the 'Update' button will take you through a step-by-step process.