Top Linksmain detailsbiographyby votesphoto galleryquotes
Filmographiesby yearby typeby ratingsby votesby TV seriesby genreby keyword
Did You Know?photo galleryquotes
Abby Brewster (Character)
from Arsenic and Old Lace (1944)
- Arsenik og gamle kniplinger (2002) (TV) Played by Ghita Nørby
- Arsènic i puntes de coixí (1995) (TV) Played by Carme Molina
- Arsenic and Old Lace (1971) (TV) Played by Jenny Van Santvoort
... aka "Arsenicum en oude kant" - Belgium (original title)
- Arsenic and Old Lace (1969) (TV) Played by Helen Hayes
- Arsenik i stare cipke (1967) (TV) Played by Rahela Ferari
- Arsenic & Old Lace (1962) (TV) Played by Dorothy Stickney
... aka "Hallmark Hall of Fame: Arsenic & Old Lace (#11.3)" - USA (anthology series)
- Arsenicum en oude kant (1960) (TV) Played by Mary Smithuysen
- "ITV Play of the Week"
- Arsenic and Old Lace (1958) TV episode, Played by Peggy Mount
- "BBC Sunday-Night Theatre"
- Arsenic and Old Lace (1957) TV episode, Played by Jean Cadell
- "The Best of Broadway"
- Arsenic and Old Lace (1955) TV episode, Played by Helen Hayes
- "The Ford Theatre Hour"
- Arsenic and Old Lace (1949) TV episode, Played by Josephine Hull (as Aunt Abby Brewster)
- Arsenic and Old Lace (1944) Played by Josephine Hull
... aka "Frank Capra's 'Arsenic and Old Lace'" - USA (complete title)
Mortimer Brewster: Look, Aunt Martha, men don't just get into window seats and die!
Abby Brewster: We know, dear. He died first.
Mortimer Brewster: Wait a minute! Stop all this. Now, look, darling, how did he die?
Abby Brewster: Oh, Mortimer, don't be so inquisitive. The gentleman died because he drank some wine with poison in it.
Mortimer Brewster: How did the poison get in the wine?
Martha Brewster: Well, we put it in wine, because it's less noticeable. When it's in tea, it has a distinct odor.
Mortimer Brewster: You mean, you... You put it in the wine!
Abby Brewster: Yes. And I put Mr. Hoskins in the window seat, because Reverend Harper was coming.
Mortimer Brewster: Now, look at me, darling. You mean, you mean you knew what you'd done and you didn't want the Reverend Harper to see the body?
Abby Brewster: Well, not at tea. That wouldn't have been very nice.
See more »
You may correct errors and omissions on this page directly. Clicking the 'Update' button will take you through a step-by-step process.