Top Linksmain detailsbiographyby votesphoto galleryquotes
Filmographiesby yearby typeby ratingsby votesby TV seriesby genreby keyword
Did You Know?photo galleryquotes
Stella Kowalski (Character)
from A Streetcar Named Desire (1951)
|Photos (See all 14 | slideshow)||Videos|
- National Theatre Live: A Streetcar Named Desire (2014) (TV) Played by Vanessa Kirby
- A Streetcar Named Desire (2012) (V) Played by Jessica Brand
- "American Masters"
- None Without Sin (2003) TV episode, Played by Kim Hunter (as Stella Kowalski in 'A Streetcar Named Desire')
- "Great Performances"
- A Streetcar Named Desire (1998) TV episode, Played by Elizabeth Futral
- The Collection (1976) TV episode, Played by Helen Mirren (as Stella)
- A Streetcar Named Desire (1995) (TV) Played by Diane Lane (as Stella)
- A Streetcar Named Desire (1984) (TV) Played by Beverly D'Angelo (as Stella DuBois Kowalski)
- Linje Lusta (1981) (TV) Played by Maria Hedborg (as Stella)
- "TV de Vanguarda"
- Uma Rua Chamada Pecado (1959) TV episode, Played by Marly Bueno
- Un tranvía llamado Deseo (1956) (TV) Played by Aída Luz (as Stella)
- A Streetcar Named Desire (1951) Played by Kim Hunter
- A Personal Journey with Martin Scorsese Through American Movies (1995) (TV) Played by Kim Hunter
- America at the Movies (1976) Played by Kim Hunter
Blanche DuBois: You're married to a madman.
Stella: I wish you'd stop taking it for granted that I'm in something I want to get out of.
Blanche DuBois: What you are talking about is desire - just brutal Desire. The name of that rattle-trap streetcar that bangs through the Quarter, up one old narrow street and down another.
Stella: Haven't you ever ridden on that streetcar?
Blanche DuBois: It brought me here. Where I'm not wanted and where I'm ashamed to be.
Stella: Don't you think your superior attitude is a little out of place?
Blanche DuBois: May I speak plainly?... If you'll forgive me, he's common... He's like an animal. He has an animal's habits. There's even something subhuman about him. Thousands of years have passed him right by, and there he is. Stanley Kowalski, survivor of the Stone Age, bearing the raw meat home from the kill in the jungle. And you - you here waiting for him. Maybe he'll strike you or maybe grunt and kiss you, that's if kisses have been discovered yet. His poker night you call it. This party of apes.
See more »
You may correct errors and omissions on this page directly. Clicking the 'Update' button will take you through a step-by-step process.