Top Linksmain detailsbiographyby votesphoto galleryquotes
Filmographiesby yearby typeby ratingsby votesby TV seriesby genreby keyword
Did You Know?photo galleryquotes
Blanche DuBois (Character)
from A Streetcar Named Desire (1951)
|Photos (See all 3 | slideshow)||Related Videos (see all 2)|
- National Theatre Live: A Streetcar Named Desire (2014) Played by Gillian Anderson
- A Streetcar Named Desire (2012) (V) Played by Jerri Higgins
- Camp: The Movie (2002) Played by Jason Rose
- Trailer: The Movie (1999) Played by Karen Pruis
- "Great Performances"
- A Streetcar Named Desire (1998) TV episode, Played by Renée Fleming (as Blanche Dubois)
- A Streetcar Named Desire (1995) (TV) Played by Jessica Lange
- A Streetcar Named Desire (1984) (TV) Played by Ann-Margret
- Linje lusta (1981) (TV) Played by Bibi Andersson (as Blanch DuBois)
- "The Lively Arts"
- Tennessee Williams (1976) TV episode, Played by Rosemary McHale (as Blanche Du Bois in 'A Streetcar Named Desire')
- Tennessee Williams' South (1973) (TV) Played by Jessica Tandy
- Scarecrow in a Garden of Cucumbers (1972) Played by Jennifer Laird (as Blanche Du Bois)
- Der Turm der verbotenen Liebe (1968) Played by Uschi Glas (as Blanche du Bois)
... aka "Tower of Screaming Virgins" - USA (dubbed version)
... aka "Tower of Sin" - Hong Kong (English title) (première title)
- "TV de Vanguarda"
- Um Bonde Chamado Desejo (1964) TV episode, Played by Laura Cardoso (as Blanche Dubois)
- Uma Rua Chamada Pecado (1959) TV episode, Played by Maria Fernanda (as Blanche Dubois)
- Un tranvía llamado Deseo (1956) (TV) Played by Mecha Ortiz (as Blanche Dubois)
- Advice to Bathers (1955) TV episode, Played by Jessica Tandy (as Blanche Du Bois)
- A Streetcar Named Desire (1951) Played by Vivien Leigh (as Blanche)
- "American Masters"
- None Without Sin (2003) TV episode, Played by Vivien Leigh
- Tennessee Williams: Wounded Genius (1998) TV episode, Played by Vivien Leigh (as Blanche Du Bois)
- America at the Movies (1976) Played by Vivien Leigh
Blanche DuBois: You're married to a madman.
Stella: I wish you'd stop taking it for granted that I'm in something I want to get out of.
Blanche DuBois: What you are talking about is desire - just brutal Desire. The name of that rattle-trap streetcar that bangs through the Quarter, up one old narrow street and down another.
Stella: Haven't you ever ridden on that streetcar?
Blanche DuBois: It brought me here. Where I'm not wanted and where I'm ashamed to be.
Stella: Don't you think your superior attitude is a little out of place?
Blanche DuBois: May I speak plainly?... If you'll forgive me, he's common... He's like an animal. He has an animal's habits. There's even something subhuman about him. Thousands of years have passed him right by, and there he is. Stanley Kowalski, survivor of the Stone Age, bearing the raw meat home from the kill in the jungle. And you - you here waiting for him. Maybe he'll strike you or maybe grunt and kiss you, that's if kisses have been discovered yet. His poker night you call it. This party of apes.
See more »
You may correct errors and omissions on this page directly. Clicking the 'Update' button will take you through a step-by-step process.