Top Linksmain detailsbiographyby votesphoto galleryquotes
Filmographiesby yearby typeby ratingsby votesby TV seriesby genreby keyword
Did You Know?photo galleryquotes
Dottie Hinson (Character)
from A League of Their Own (1992)
|Photos (See all 5 | slideshow)||Related Videos (see all 2)|
- "A League of Their Own"
- Drinking Problems (1993) TV episode, Played by Carey Lowell
- Marathon (1993) TV episode, Played by Carey Lowell
- Shortstop (1993) TV episode, Played by Carey Lowell
- The Monkey's Curse (1993) TV episode, Played by Carey Lowell
- The Fat Boys of Summer (1993) TV episode, Played by Carey Lowell
- A League of Their Own (1992) Played by Geena Davis / Lynn Cartwright (as Older Dottie)
Jimmy Dugan: Taking a little day trip?
Dottie Hinson: No, Bob and I are driving home. To Oregon.
Jimmy Dugan: [long pause] You know, I really thought you were a ballplayer.
Dottie Hinson: Well, you were wrong.
Jimmy Dugan: Was I?
Dottie Hinson: Yeah. It is only a game, Jimmy. It's only a game, and, and, I don't need this. I have Bob; I don't need this. At all.
Jimmy Dugan: I, I gave away five years at the end my career, drinking. Five years. And now there isn't anything I wouldn't give to get back any one day of it.
Dottie Hinson: Well, we're different.
Jimmy Dugan: This is chickenshit, Dottie, if you want to go back to Oregon and make a hundred babies, great, I'm in no position to tell anyone how to live. But sneaking out like this, quitting, you'll regret it for the rest of your life. Baseball is what gets inside you. It's what lights you up, you can't deny that.
Dottie Hinson: It just got too hard.
See more »
You may correct errors and omissions on this page directly. Clicking the 'Update' button will take you through a step-by-step process.