Top Linksmain detailsbiographyby votesphoto galleryquotes
Filmographiesby yearby typeby ratingsby votesby TV seriesby genreby keyword
Did You Know?photo galleryquotes
Luigi Vampa (Character)
from The Count of Monte Cristo (2002)
- The Count of Monte Cristo (2002) Played by JB Blanc
... aka "Alexandre Dumas' The Count of Monte Cristo" - USA (complete title)
- "The Count of Monte Cristo"
... aka "Le comte de Monte Cristo" - France (original title)
- Episode #1.4 (1999) TV episode, Played by Mattia Sbragia
- Episode #1.3 (1999) TV episode, Played by Mattia Sbragia
- Episode #1.2 (1999) TV episode, Played by Mattia Sbragia
- Episode #1.1 (1999) TV episode, Played by Mattia Sbragia
- Uznik zamka If (1988) Played by Yevgeni Platokhin
... aka "The Count of Monte-Cristo" - International (English title) (informal title)
... aka "The Prisoner of If Castle" - International (English title) (literal title)
- "Il conte di Montecristo"
- Il perdono (1966) TV episode, Played by Riccardo Garrone
- Le comte de Monte Cristo, 2ème époque: Le châtiment (1943) Played by Jo Dervo
- Monte Cristo (1922) Played by George Siegmann (as Luigi Vampa, ex-pirate)
Luigi: So, mi amici, I would ask who you are, but in view of your shredded clothes and the fact that the Chateau d'If is two miles away... what's the point? As for me, I am Luigi Vampa, a smuggler and a thief. My men and I have come to this island to bury alive one of our number who attempted to keep some stolen gold for himself instead of sharing it with his comrades. Interestingly enough, there are some of his more loyal friends who are insisting that I grant him mercy. Which, of course, I cannot do, or I would quickly lose control of the whole crew. That is why you are such a fortunate find.
Edmond: Why is that?
Luigi: You provide me with a way to show a little mercy to Jacopo - that maggot you see tied up over there - while at the same time not appearing weak. And as a bonus, the lads will get to see a little sport as well.
Edmond: How do I accomplish all this?
Luigi: We watch you and Jacopo fight to the death. If Jacopo wins, we welcome him back to the crew. If you win, I have given Jacopo the chance to live, even if he did not take advantage of it, and you can take his place on the boat.
Edmond: What if I win and I don't want to be a smuggler?
Luigi: Then we slit your throat, and we're a bit shorthanded.
Edmond: [smiles after consideration] I find that smuggling is the life for me, and would be delighted to kill your friend the maggot!
Luigi: Oh, and by the way, Jacopo is the best knife fighter I have ever seen.
See more »
You may correct errors and omissions on this page directly. Clicking the 'Update' button will take you through a step-by-step process.