Top Linksmain detailsbiographyby votesphoto galleryquotes
Filmographiesby yearby typeby ratingsby votesby TV seriesby genreby keyword
Did You Know?photo galleryquotes
Prophet Samuel (Character)
from King David (1985)
- "The Bible"
- Kingdom (2013) TV episode, Played by Paul Freeman (as Samuel)
- Homeland (2013) TV episode, Played by Paul Freeman (as Samuel)
- Requiem for the Relentless Fathers (2012) Played by James Mannan (as Samuel)
- "Rei Davi" (2012) TV series Played by Isaac Bardavid (as Samuel)
- One Night with the King (2006) Played by Peter O'Toole (as Samuel)
- David & Goliath (2005) Played by Ken Eklof (as Samuel)
- "Jacob's Ladder" (2003) TV series Played by Wynford Ellis Owen (as Samuel) / Richard Pask (as Young Samuel) / Christopher Conway (as Younger Samuel)
- David (1997) (TV) Played by Leonard Nimoy (as Samuel)
- "Testament: The Bible in Animation"
- David and Saul (1996) TV episode, Played by Joss Ackland (as Samuel)
- Samuel the Boy Prophet (1993) (V) Played by Johnathon Toppo (as Samuel) / Karin Johnson (as Young Samuel)
... aka "Animated Stories from the Old Testament: Samuel the Boy Prophet" - USA (series title)
- King David (1985) Played by Denis Quilley (as Samuel)
- The Story of David (1976) (TV) Played by Mark Dignam (as Samuel)
- Il messia (1975) Played by Vernon Dobtcheff (as Samuel)
- Saul e David (1964) Played by Carlos Casaravilla (as Samuel)
... aka "Sibling Rivalry" - USA (TV title)
- David and Goliath (1960) Played by Hilton Edwards
... aka "David e Golia" - Italy (original title)
- David and Bathsheba (1951) Played by Paul Newlan (as Samuel)
- Le berceau de dieu (1926) Played by Gabriel Signoret (as Samuel)
- The Shepherd King (1923) Played by Adriano Bocanera (as Samuel)
- The Chosen Prince, or The Friendship of David and Jonathan (1917) Played by William V. Mong (as Samuel)
Saul's guard: The king cannot speak with you now. He is engaged in the affairs of state.
Samuel: Since when have the affairs of state taken precedence over the affairs of God?
[shoves his way past and enters Saul's throne room]
Saul: ...Samuel. We welcome you. With God's blessing, our victory is complete.
Samuel: Is THIS how you show Him your gratitude... by robbing the Amalekites of their women and cattle? By holding their king in chains?
Saul: We were discussing a possible treaty. The king is to be ransomed...
Samuel: A *treaty?* *Ransom?* Saul, for this you have betrayed your own soul in the sight of God. His instructions were plain enough: "... Spare nothing from the sword."
[beheads the Amalekite king]
Samuel: ... When our tribes clamored for a king, to make us like other nations, I answered them: "We are not like other nations. The Lord of Hosts is both our God and our King." The people said, "We want a king we can see. We want a king of our own flesh and blood."
See more »
You may correct errors and omissions on this page directly. Clicking the 'Update' button will take you through a step-by-step process.