Top Linksmain detailsbiographyby votesphoto galleryquotes
Filmographiesby yearby typeby ratingsby votesby TV seriesby genreby keyword
Did You Know?photo galleryquotes
Ashley Wilkes (Character)
from Gone with the Wind (1939)
|Photos (See all 3 | slideshow)||Related Videos (see all 3)|
- Episode #1.3 (1994) TV episode, Played by Stephen Collins
- Episode #1.1 (1994) TV episode, Played by Stephen Collins
- "The Carol Burnett Show"
... aka "Carol Burnett and Friends" - USA (rerun title)
- Episode #10.8 (1976) TV episode, Played by Tim Conway (as Brashley Wilkes)
- Biblioteca di Studio Uno: La storia di Rossella O'Hara (1964) (TV) Played by Tata Giacobetti
... aka "Gone with the Wind" - International (English title) (informal alternative title)
- "E o Vento Levou" (1956) TV series Played by Fábio Cardoso
- Gone with the Wind (1939) Played by Leslie Howard (as Ashley)
Gerald O'Hara: [the men are discussing the prospect of going to war with the North] And what does the captain of our troops say?
Ashley: Well, gentlemen, if Georgia fights, I go with her. But like my father I hope that the Yankees let us leave the Union in peace.
Man: But Ashley, Ashley, they've insulted us!
Charles Hamilton - Her Brother: You can't mean you don't want war!
Ashley: Most of the miseries of the world were caused by wars. And when the wars were over, no one ever knew what they were about.
Gerald O'Hara: [the other men protest] Now gentlemen, Mr. Butler has been up North I hear. Don't you agree with us, Mr. Butler?
Rhett Butler: I think it's hard winning a war with words, gentlemen.
Charles Hamilton - Her Brother: What do you mean, sir?
Rhett Butler: I mean, Mr. Hamilton, there's not a cannon factory in the whole South.
Man: What difference does that make, sir, to a gentleman?
See more »
You may correct errors and omissions on this page directly. Clicking the 'Update' button will take you through a step-by-step process.