Top Linksmain detailsbiographyby votesphoto galleryquotes
Filmographiesby yearby typeby ratingsby votesby TV seriesby genreby keyword
Did You Know?photo galleryquotes
Joe Dawson (Character)
from "Highlander" (1992)
- Highlander: The Source (2007) (TV) Played by Jim Byrnes
- Highlander: Endgame (2000) Played by Jim Byrnes
- "Highlander: The Raven"
- The French Connection (1999) TV episode, Played by Jim Byrnes
- A Matter of Time (1999) TV episode, Played by Jim Byrnes
- Not to Be (1998) TV episode, Played by Jim Byrnes
- To Be (1998) TV episode, Played by Jim Byrnes
- Indiscretions (1998) TV episode, Played by Jim Byrnes
- Unusual Suspects (1997) TV episode, Played by Jim Byrnes
- Armageddon (1997) TV episode, Played by Jim Byrnes
Duncan 'Mac: [Duncan MacLeod talks about Ingrid Henning's failed attempt to assassinate Adolf Hitler back in 1944] Hitler should have died that day, but we failed. And Ingrid blames herself.
Adam Pierson: Come on, man, you are not buying into that tawdry, guilt-induced little melodrama.
Duncan 'Mac: Oh, I forgot. We're talking to the only guilt-free man in the Western world.
Adam Pierson: No, we're talking about Ingrid. It is the ultimate in arrogance to think that one person can alter the course of history.
Duncan 'Mac: You can't deny that by killing Hitler in '44 thousands of lives would have been saved. Maybe millions.
Adam Pierson: Yeah, and if you'd killed him in '43 like Rommel wanted, maybe Germany would have won the war. History makes men, MacLeod. Men don't make history. I'm talking about the time, 'kay? The "Zeitgeist," to quote the Germans. If it hadn't been the little painter from Austria it would have been someone else. Would have been a - I dunno - a shopkeeper, a garbage man. My point is, it doesn't matter. The times were ripe for a Fuehrer.
Duncan 'Mac: My point is it was Hitler.
Duncan 'Mac: [Duncan point at Joe Dawson and takes a step forward] You're a historian: what do you think?
Joe Dawson: [Joe smiles insouciantly and shakes his head] Uh huh. I'm not getting into the middle of this.
Duncan 'Mac: Coward.
See more »
You may correct errors and omissions on this page directly. Clicking the 'Update' button will take you through a step-by-step process.