Top Linksmain detailsbiographyby votesphoto galleryquotes
Filmographiesby yearby typeby ratingsby votesby TV seriesby genreby keyword
Did You Know?photo galleryquotes
Emperor Meiji (Character)
from The Last Samurai (2003)
|Photos (See all 2 | slideshow)||Related Videos (see all 4)|
- The Last Samurai (2003) Played by Shichinosuke Nakamura
... aka "Last Samurai" - Japan (English title)
... aka "The Last Samurai: Bushidou" - USA (poster title)
- Maihime (1989) Played by Daijirô Harada (as Meiji-Kaiser)
- Nihonkai daikaisen: Umi yukaba (1983) Played by Mikijirô Hira
- 203 kochi (1980) Played by Toshirô Mifune
- Nihonkai daikaisen (1969) Played by Hakuô Matsumoto (as The Emperor)
- Emperor Meiji and the Great Russo-Japanese War (1958) Played by Kanjûrô Arashi (as Meiji Emperor)
... aka "Meiji tennô to nichiro daisenso" - Japan (original title)
Katsumoto: If I am no use, I will happily end my life.
Emperor Meiji: No, I need your voice in the Council.
Katsumoto: It is your voice we need, Highness. You are a living god. Do what you think is right.
Emperor Meiji: [ruefully] I am a living god, as long as I do what *they* think is right.
Katsumoto: What sad words you speak.
See more »
You may correct errors and omissions on this page directly. Clicking the 'Update' button will take you through a step-by-step process.