Top Linksmain detailsbiographyby votesphoto galleryquotes
Filmographiesby yearby typeby ratingsby votesby TV seriesby genreby keyword
Did You Know?photo galleryquotes
Captain Louis Renault (Character)
from Casablanca (1942)
|Photos (See all 9 | slideshow)||Related Videos (see all 3)|
- Casablanca (2003) Played by Christopher Snell
- Gay Propaganda (2002) Played by Christopher Snell
- Divorce Casablanca Style (1983) TV episode, Played by Hector Elizondo
- The Cashier and the Belly Dancer (1983) TV episode, Played by Hector Elizondo
- Jenny (1983) TV episode, Played by Hector Elizondo
- Master Builder's Woman (1983) TV episode, Played by Hector Elizondo (as Capt. Louis Renault)
- Who Am I Killing (1983) TV episode, Played by Hector Elizondo (as Capt. Louis Renault)
- "Casablanca" Played by Marcel Dalio (as Captain Renaud)
- Who Holds Tomorrow? (1955) TV episode, Played by Marcel Dalio (as Captain Renaud)
- "Lux Video Theatre"
... aka "Summer Video Theatre" - USA (summer title)
- Casablanca (1955) TV episode, Played by John Hoyt
- Casablanca (1942) Played by Claude Rains
Rick: Last night we said a great many things. You said I was to do the thinking for both of us. Well, I've done a lot of it since then, and it all adds up to one thing: you're getting on that plane with Victor where you belong.
Ilsa: But, Richard, no, I... I...
Rick: Now, you've got to listen to me! You have any idea what you'd have to look forward to if you stayed here? Nine chances out of ten, we'd both wind up in a concentration camp. Isn't that true, Louie?
Captain Renault: I'm afraid Major Strasser would insist.
Ilsa: You're saying this only to make me go.
Rick: I'm saying it because it's true. Inside of us, we both know you belong with Victor. You're part of his work, the thing that keeps him going. If that plane leaves the ground and you're not with him, you'll regret it. Maybe not today. Maybe not tomorrow, but soon and for the rest of your life.
Ilsa: But what about us?
Rick: We'll always have Paris. We didn't have, we, we lost it until you came to Casablanca. We got it back last night.
Ilsa: When I said I would never leave you.
Rick: And you never will. But I've got a job to do, too. Where I'm going, you can't follow. What I've got to do, you can't be any part of. Ilsa, I'm no good at being noble, but it doesn't take much to see that the problems of three little people don't amount to a hill of beans in this crazy world. Someday you'll understand that.
See more »
You may correct errors and omissions on this page directly. Clicking the 'Update' button will take you through a step-by-step process.