Top Linksmain detailsbiographyby votesphoto galleryquotes
Filmographiesby yearby typeby ratingsby votesby TV seriesby genreby keyword
Did You Know?photo galleryquotes
HAL 9000 (Character)
from 2001: A Space Odyssey (1968)
|Related Videos (see all 3)|
- "The Nostalgia Critic"
... aka "Nostalgia Critic" - USA (sixth season title)
- Blues Brothers 2000 (2014) TV episode, Played by Malcolm Ray
- "Robot Chicken"
- Choked on Multi-Colored Scarves (2012) TV episode, Played by Whoopi Goldberg
- "Epic Rap Battles of History"
- Steve Jobs vs Bill Gates (2012) TV episode, Played by Nice Peter (as Voice of HAL 9000)
- ONE: A Space Odyssey (2001) Played by Chi Mason (as HAL-9000)
- Shonky Golf (1999) (V) Played by Tony Martin
- 2010 (1984) Played by Douglas Rain
... aka "2010: The Year We Make Contact" - International (English title) (imdb display title), USA (promotional title)
- 2001: A Space Odyssey (1968) Played by Douglas Rain
- "Up Late with Alec Baldwin"
- Episode #1.4 (2013) TV episode, Played by Douglas Rain
- "Movies That Shook the World"
- 2001: A Space Odyssey (2005) TV episode, Played by Douglas Rain
Interviewer: HAL, despite your enormous intellect, are you ever frustrated by your dependence on people to carry out your actions?
HAL: Not in the slightest bit. I enjoy working with people. I have a stimulating relationship with Dr. Poole and Dr. Bowman. My mission responsibilities range over the entire operation of the ship so I am constantly occupied. I am putting myself to the fullest possible use which is all, I think, that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.
Interviewer: Dr. Poole, what's it like living for the better part of a year in such close proximity with HAL?
See more »
You may correct errors and omissions on this page directly. Clicking the 'Update' button will take you through a step-by-step process.