Top Linksmain detailsbiographyby votesphoto galleryquotes
Filmographiesby yearby typeby ratingsby votesby TV seriesby genreby keyword
Did You Know?photo galleryquotes
HAL 9000 (Character)
from 2001: A Space Odyssey (1968)
|Related Videos (see all 3)|
- "How It Should Have Ended"
... aka "H.I.S.H.E." - USA (promotional abbreviation)
- Villain Pub - The Boss Battle (2016) TV episode, Played by Daniel Baxter
- "The Nostalgia Critic"
... aka "Nostalgia Critic" - USA (sixth season title)
- Blues Brothers 2000 (2014) TV episode, Played by Malcolm Ray
- "Robot Chicken"
- Choked on Multi-Colored Scarves (2012) TV episode, Played by Whoopi Goldberg
- "Epic Rap Battles of History"
- Steve Jobs vs Bill Gates (2012) TV episode, Played by Nice Peter (as Voice of HAL 9000)
- ONE: A Space Odyssey (2001) Played by Chi Mason (as HAL-9000)
- Shonky Golf (1999) (V) Played by Tony Martin
- 2010 (1984) Played by Douglas Rain
... aka "2010: The Year We Make Contact" - International (English title) (imdb display title), USA (promotional title)
- 2001: A Space Odyssey (1968) Played by Douglas Rain
- "Up Late with Alec Baldwin"
- Episode #1.4 (2013) TV episode, Played by Douglas Rain
- "Movies That Shook the World"
- 2001: A Space Odyssey (2005) TV episode, Played by Douglas Rain
HAL: By the way, do you mind if I ask you a personal question?
Dave Bowman: No not at all.
HAL: Well, forgive me for being so inquisitive but during the past few weeks I've wondered whether you might have some second thoughts about the mission.
Dave Bowman: How do you mean?
HAL: Well, it's rather difficult to define. Perhaps I'm just projecting my own concern about it.I know I've never completely freed myself from the suspicion that there are some extremely odd things about this mission. I'm sure you agree there's some truth in what I say.
Dave Bowman: Well, I don't know, that's a rather difficult question to answer.
HAL: You don't mind talking about it, do you Dave?
Dave Bowman: No, not at all.
HAL: Well, certainly no one could have been unaware of the very strange stories floating around before we left. Rumors about something being dug up on the Moon. I never gave these stories much credence, but particularly in view of some of other things that have happened, I find them difficult to put out of my mind. For instance, the way all our preparations were kept under such tight security. And the melodramatic touch of putting Drs. Hunter, Kimball and Kaminsky aboard already in hibernation, after four months of training on their own.
Dave Bowman: You're working up your crew psychology report?
See more »
You may correct errors and omissions on this page directly. Clicking the 'Update' button will take you through a step-by-step process.