Top Linksmain detailsbiographyby votesphoto galleryquotes
Filmographiesby yearby typeby ratingsby votesby TV seriesby genreby keyword
Did You Know?photo galleryquotes
Marcus Aurelius (Character)
from Gladiator (2000)
|Photos (See all 5 | slideshow)||Videos|
- "Roman Empire: Reign of Blood"
- Born in the Purple (2016) TV episode, Played by John Bach
- The Making of an Emperor (2016) TV episode, Played by John Bach
- Needlework Pictures Presents Francesco Vezzoli in Gore Vidal's 'Caligula' (2005) Played by Louis-Marie de Castelbajac
- Glaadiator (2002) Played by Robin Atkin Downes (as Marcus Areolus)
- Gladiator (2000) Played by Richard Harris
- The Fall of the Roman Empire (1964) Played by Alec Guinness
Maximus: Five thousand of my men are out there in the freezing mud. Three thousand of them are bloodied and cleaved. Two thousand will never leave this place. I will not believe that they fought and died for nothing.
Marcus Aurelius: And what would you believe?
Maximus: They fought for you and for Rome.
Marcus Aurelius: And what is Rome, Maximus?
Maximus: I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.
Marcus Aurelius: Yet you have never been there. You have not seen what it has become. I am dying, Maximus. When a man sees his end... he wants to know there was some purpose to his life. How will the world speak my name in years to come? Will I be known as the philosopher? The warrior? The tyrant...
See more »
You may correct errors and omissions on this page directly. Clicking the 'Update' button will take you through a step-by-step process.