Be the First to Know
About IMDb Notifications
Get notifications for your favorite movies, television shows, and celebrities.
- Per title, you will receive news, trailers, photos, showtimes, and more.
- Per name, you will receive news, photos, showtimes, and more.
- News (US): the top 0-3 entertainment stories per day (English only)
- Box Office MojoTM: 2-3 stories per week (English only)
- Movies Opening Today: movies releasing wide in supported countries weekly
- Latest Photos: average of 0-3 new galleries per day
- Latest Trailers: 0-3 new trailers per day from unreleased films
How do I change what I’m notified about?
Click the icon on the upper right corner of the notifications list.
How do I get notifications on a name or title?
The easiest way is to go to that page in the app and click “notify me” on the bottom navigation or long press in any name or title list.
Do I have to create an account to use notifications?
While an account will allow you to rate titles and track what you want to see, any user with the Android app version 2.4 or greater can subscribe to titles, celebrities, and general notifications topics.
What are the device requirements for IMDb notifications?
Notifications are available for Android phone users with OS level greater than 2.2 with the Android Market installed and iOS users with iOS 5 or greater.
What languages and countries are notifications available in?
- We will translate your notification messages, based on your phone’s language, to English, Spanish, German, French, Italian, Portugese, Japanese, and Chinese.
- We have showtimes notifications available for United States, Great Britain, Ireland, Canada, New Zealand, Australia, Spain, Chile, Colombia, Argentina, Mexico, Portugal, Germany, Italy, and France. Just subscribe to “Now Playing” in your notifications settings page or click "notify me" on any title page.
I have ideas about how to make IMDb notifications better, who do I tell?